If you're submitting a support question, please be as detailed as possible.
- Was there an actual error or is the store not responding as expected? Example: If there's a CFWebstore error it will show a generic error message and let you know the webmaster has been notified. You can find the actual error report in your site Admin. Is it a Coldfusion error? Take a screenshot or copy the whole message.
- What were you trying to do when you got the error? Tell us the steps you were taking. Send us the URL of the page having the problem.
- If you want to know how to do something, explain what the end result should be. Discounts and Promotions can not be used interchangeably, if you explain your desired end result we can tell you which to use.
- Screenshots are tremendously helpful. They often answer questions we haven't even asked. Here's how to take screenshots - http://www.take-a-screenshot.org/.
- Attach error reports. If CFWebstore threw an error it should be recorded in the admin. Open up the error report and then save the page. Attach that saved page to this email.
- Have you tried a different browser? Sometimes something will work in one browser but not another. This gives us a good place to start.
Remember, this is an open-source product. We answer questions as soon as we can. If your question doens't have a simple answer we will probably refer you to paid support. They may need Admin, FTP and database access to solve the problem. If you don't have these you can get them from your hosting company.